Tips For A Romantic Honeymoon
When most people envision their honeymoon, they imagine lazy days spent on a gorgeous beach next to the water alongside nights full of glamor and romance. That’s why most people choose luxury honeymoons on and around some of the world’s most beautiful beaches. Here are a few tips to maximize the romantic, summery potential of this popular honeymoon choice.
- Choose the right destination. There are a few factors involved when choosing the perfect location for your beach honeymoon. First of all, because it is so popular, it’s important to pick a place that won’t be ridiculously crowded. There is no romance in lounging on the beach together when your beach chair is right up against that of a half-naked, sweaty stranger, even an attractive one. Either head to your destination of choice before the crowds do or spring for a resort that boasts private, more exclusive stretches of sand. You can always check out Pinterest for more honeymoon ideas.
Secondly, choose a destination with the reliable weather. I used Travelocity to book my honeymoon. Some places can guarantee the hot and steamy weather, but usually, that also means it could rain or even thunderstorm throughout your honeymoon. It might be a wiser choice to choose a destination that is slightly cooler but less humid and less likely to result in running indoors away from storm clouds. Choosing the perfect place for these reasons will depend on when you’ve scheduled your wedding; it’s well worth investigating beforehand.
- Pack appropriately. Bring multiple swimsuits – buy an extra if you don’t have one – to prevent wearing the same damp and clammy suit two days in a row and case of accidental stains or rips. Make sure you both have suitable cover-ups and even jackets in case the weather goes cold. And don’t forget the sunscreen; nothing dims passion like red, peeling skin that you can’t bear your significant another touching.
- Practice your fun before you get out there. If you have a center nearby or are closer to less pristine shores, it is an excellent idea to get certified for scuba diving before you head to your exotic location of bliss. Many popular beach destinations like the Maldives and Mauritius have extraordinary ecosystems under their turquoise blue shores. If you’re not certified, you may never have the opportunity to head underwater in such a gorgeous place again. Diving together with your loved one is a fantastic experience that can truly build your newly created marital bond.
- Take that sunset walk along the beach you’ve always seen on TV and in movies. It’s surprisingly romantic; there is usually a reason that certain cliches are overdone in mass media! You might consider heading out at sunrise as well for a magical moment together as the sun rises both on the day and on your marriage. It’s also amazing to have dinner on the beach by candlelight; many resorts will offer this as an option designed especially for honeymooning couples. In fact, I recommend taking a picnic out as well – eating outside when the weather is gorgeous and you have all day is well worth the extra effort.
- Luxuriate in your honeymoon and don’t forget to pack some lingerie to spice things up. In Memphis, I found the perfect place where to find cute panties and bras. These may be the most romantic and most relaxing two weeks of your entire life – note the significance and don’t let any minor issues get in the way of your happiness.